Flights to Crete
- Sprawl on the pink sands of Elafonisi Beach and take a dip in its lagoon-like bay. You’ll find it over on the south-west coast.
- Head to Heraklion’s Central Market. Expect to leave laden down with pots of honey, local cheeses and even some Minoan-style jewellery.
- Tuck into a traditional dish like ‘dolmades’. This tasty mix of rice and meat is wrapped up in a vine leaf – just like a bite-sized present.
- Party Med-style in Malia. Its main strip is full to the brim with enough bars and nightclubs to keep the drinks and beats flowing until sunrise.
- Explore the Palace of Knossos. This 3,500 year-old gem is a myth-filled classic that once harboured the Minotaur – so legend says.