Flights to Gran Canaria
About Gran Canaria
- Laze on the island’s best beach, Maspalomas. A huge stretch of sand, it morphs into amazing dunes on the south coast.
- Head for Maspalomas Plaza, where all the big labels are within Jimmy Choo-tottering distance of each other. It’s the place for a serious spree.
- Save some room for pudding and order ‘bienmesabe’. A blend of honey, almond cream and rum, it’s best poured on top of ice-cream or fruit.
- Pump up the volume in Playa del Ingles. The beachfront is particularly lively, with places like Lineker’s, where a party vibe, massive sports screens and top tunes are the mainstays.
- Dig out your guide book and get to know Las Palmas. The capital is every culture vulture’s dream, packed with museums and churches framed by bustling squares.