Flights to Catalonia
- Snap Gaudi’s La Sagrada Familia cathedral from every angle – it’s the architect’s most famous masterpiece in Barcelona.
- Ride Europe’s tallest rollercoaster, Shambala, on a trip to Salou’s PortAventura theme park.
- Go beach hopping in Cambrils, where there are nine Blue Flag stretches to pick from.
- Check out the Roman ruins in Tarragona. A 10-minute drive from La Pineda will get you to the former capital, which is dominated by a massive amphitheatre.
- Try coca from a traditional eatery in Calella de la Costa’s old town. This Spanish pastry can be sweet or savoury, but in these parts it’s often used to make the Catalonian equivalent to pizza.