Flights to Izmir area
About Izmir area
- Soak up the sun at the ever-popular Ladies Beach in Kusadasi. This stretch of sand is peppered with loungers and backed by cafés and bars.
- Delve into the Grand Bazaar in Kusadasi. A crazy mix of American shopping mall and Arabic souk, it sells everything from carpets to necklaces.
- Taste local favourite, ‘borek’. It’s a feather-light filo parcel that’s usually stuffed with feta, spinach or minced lamb.
- Don your gladrags for a trip to Bar Street. Kusadasi’s aptly-named hub is teeming with bars, so it’s a great choice for some pre-club cocktails.
- Step back in time with a visit to Ephesus. The trump card of this ancient city is the façade of the Library of Celsus, although there’s plenty in the way of temples and theatres, too.